Coalition CapitalThe Coalition Capital is a Building constructed by your Hegemon to unify your forces and strengthen your armies.
The Coalition Capital has 21 levels (0-20). When first constructed your Coalition Capital will be at Level 3, but it can be downgraded to zero by rival Coalitions. Remember: the higher the Level of your Coalition Capital, the greater the bonuses. Each upgrade Level:
- Grants you additional Influence Points.
- Increases the bonuses you are able to receive from your Disciplines.
Disciplines are special areas of discovery that allow a Coalition to simultaneously boost the statistics of ALL of its Members' Units.
The Coalition Capital interface has 3 main tabs:
1. Info. In this tab you can:
- View Coalition Resources (Tools and Medals) as well as the number of Drachmas you personally hold
- View Coalition Resource history. This shows which Coalition Members have used which Coalition Resources, including how much they have used, and when they used them.
- Rename your Coalition Capital. Those Coalition Members authorized to do so must simply click on the icon next to the Capital's current name.
- Relocate your Coalition Capital. This only applies to those Coalition Members authorized to do so.
- View various Upgrade Requirements. This indicates the number of requirements that must be met in order for a Capital to be able to be upgraded to the next Level.
- View current Coalition Bonuses. Bonuses granted from Capital Disciplines, as well as any Influence Bonuses, will be displayed here.
2. Garrisons. Here you can see which Units are currently stationed at your Coalition Capital (meaning Reinforcements sent to the Capital by other Coalition Members).
3. Disciplines. Here you can:
- View Coalition Resources (Tools and Medals) as well as the number of Drachmas you personally hold.
- View Coalition Resource history. This shows which Coalition Members have used which Coalition Resources, including how much they have used, and when they have used them.
- View your Disciplines and their current Levels. Coalition Hegemons – and those Coalition Members authorized to do so – are able to Develop Disciplines. Developing Disciplines to higher Levels means all Coalition Members will receive even greater bonuses.
Remember: your Capital also provides storage for Coalition Resources. If a Coalition is dismissed, all Units stationed at its Coalition Capital will automatically return to their owners' Acropolises – however, all Coalition Resources will be permanently lost.
Capital Building and RelocationBUILDING YOUR CAPITAL
Each Coalition may build ONE Coalition Capital, which can only be built by the Coalition Hegemon.
There are several ways to build a Coalition Capital:
1. From the Global Map. Open the Map and click on the "Build Coalition Capital" button. You will be shown a list of special locations where you are able to construct your Coalition Capital. These locations are called "Capital Foundations". Simply choose the location where you would like to build your Coalition Capital, then click "Place Capital". Bear in mind that the location of your Coalition Capital should be suitable for all Coalition Members, as they will be called upon to protect it in times of need.
2. From the "My Coalition" tab at the Embassy. Go to the "Coalition description" section and press the "Build Coalition Capital" button next to your Coalition's name. You will be taken to the Map and shown which Capital Foundations are currently available.
Important: You can build your Coalition Capital only if your Coalition is 7 days old or more.
RELOCATING YOUR CAPITAL
Coalition Capital Pools are special Items that can be used to change a Capital's location on the Map. Coalition Hegemons – or those Coalition Members with permission to do so – are able to use Coalition Capital Pools to relocate their Coalition Capital to a new location of their choosing. Each Coalition Capital can only be relocated ONCE per day. Coalition Capital Pools can be acquired from the Market, within the "Special" tab.
BE AWARE: Once a Coalition Capital is relocated, it cannot be moved back to its previous location.
When relocating a Coalition Capital, all Units stationed there will be relocated along with it, and all ongoing Upgrades happening at the Capital will continue as normal. If a rival Coalition attacks your Capital at the moment of relocation, their Units will be returned to them.
Coalition Capital ManagementSome Coalition Capital features are initially only available to the Coalition Hegemon. To allow other Coalition members to use Coalition Resources, or to rename or relocate their Coalition Capital, the Coalition Hegemon must give permission to those users from within the "My Coalition" tab at the Embassy.
Every fully-fledged Coalition Member is able to contribute to the defense of their own Coalition Capital, as well as any attacks on other Coalitions' Capitals. Every fully-fledged Coalition Member is also able to contribute towards the upgrade of their Coalition's Capital – as well as to the development of various Disciplines – by participating in Tournaments and Coalition Missions and helping their Coalition earn Coalition Resources. Coalition Hegemons – and other Coalition Members with permission to do so – can view their Coalition's Resource history from within the "Coalition Resource History" tab.
BE AWARE: If a Coalition Member leaves their Coalition, all Units they have garrisoned at their Coalition Capital will be sent back to their personal Acropolises. However, all Coalition Resources gained will remain in the Coalition account – and not taken by the leaving player.
Each Coalition should strive to downgrade other Coalitions' Capitals for two main reasons. The first is to deprive rival Coalitions of their much sought-after bonuses. The second is that downgrading other Coalitions' Capitals is a key requirement in a Coalition upgrading their own. If you want to boost your own Capital, you're going to have to go to war with rival Coalitions! To downgrade a rival Capital, your Coalition must perform a successful attack on it.
Important: Coalition Capitals cannot be downgraded more than ONCE per day.
If another Coalition successfully attacks your Capital while an upgrade is not in progress, your Capital will be downgraded by one Level, and 50% of the Tools spent on the upgrade to the lost Level will be returned to your Coalition. If another Coalition manages to perform a successful attack on your Capital while it is being upgraded, the upgrade will fail, and your Capital will be downgraded by one Level. Your Coalition will be reimbursed 75% of the Tools spent on the attempted upgrade, as well as a further 50% of the Tools spent on the upgrade to the lost Level. If a Coalition Capital is downgraded while a Discipline is being developed, the development of the Discipline will continue as normal, and will not be interrupted.
BE AWARE: you cannot attack other Coalition Capitals while your diplomatic status is "At Peace".
Milestone Level is key in maintaining the strength of your Coalition Capital. Once a Coalition Capital has been upgraded up to a Milestone Level, it cannot be downgraded below it.
Capital Upgrade. Tools.Your Coalition Capital has 21 Levels – from 0 to 20.
Each upgrade Level:
- Grants you additional Influence Points
- Increases the bonuses you are able to receive from your Disciplines.
Your Coalition needs to fulfill several requirements to upgrade its Coalition Capital:
1. Hold enough Tools. You can get Tools by participating in Tournaments, or by purchasing them from the "Info" tab of your Coalition Capital.
2. Hold the required number of Pantheons of the required Level.
3. Hold the required positions in the Coalition Rankings
4. Downgrade a Capital of the required Level or higher. This requirement must be completed only ONCE for each upgrade Level.
Upgrading your Coalition Capital takes time, but the Coalition Hegemon – and those granted permission to do so – can speed up this process with Drachmas. Normal Boosts cannot be used to speed up this process, and Capital upgrades cannot be cancelled – so think carefully before deciding to upgrade your Coalition Capital.
IMPORTANT: If another Coalition successfully attacks your Capital while an Upgrade is not in progress, your Capital will be downgraded by one Level, and 50% of the Tools spent on the upgrade to the lost Level will be returned to your Coalition. If another Coalition manages to perform a successful attack on your Capital while it is being upgraded, the upgrade will fail, and your Capital will be downgraded by one Level. Your Coalition will be reimbursed 75% of the Tools spent on the attempted upgrade, as well as a further 50% of the Tools spent on the upgrade to the lost Level.
Disciplines. OverviewEach Discipline provides statistical bonuses to ALL Coalition Members simultaneously. The following Disciplines are available:
1. Grain Consumption Reduction - Decreases the amount of Grain consumed by all Coalition Members' Units. Applies to all Coalition Members
2. Unit Speed Increase - Increases the speed of all Coalition Members' Units (Galleys not included). Applies to all Coalition Members
3. Light Infantry Defense - Increases Infantry Units' Defense against all types of Units. Applies to all Coalition Members
4. Heavy Infantry Defense - Increases Heavy Infantry Units' Defense against all types of Units. Applies to all Coalition Members
5. Phalanx Defense - Increases Phalanx Units' Defense against all types of Units. Applies to all Coalition Members
6. Cavalry Defense - Increases Cavalry Units' Defense against all types of Units. Applies to all Coalition Members
7. Light Infantry Offense - Increases the Offensive statistics of Infantry Units. Applies to all Coalition Members
8. Heavy Infantry Offense - Increases the Offensive statistics of Heavy Infantry Units. Applies to all Coalition Members
9. Phalanx Offense - Increases the Offensive statistics of Phalanx Units. Applies to all Coalition Members
10. Cavalry Offense - Increases the Offensive statistics of Cavalry Units. Applies to all Coalition Members
Each Discipline also provides your Coalition with an Influence Bonus. The higher the Level of the Discipline, the greater the bonus!
Coalition Members will only be able to visit their Coalition Capital – and benefit from its bonuses – once they have been a Member of their Coalition for 7 days or more.
Discipline Levels. Development. Medals.To increase the bonuses granted by a Coalition Capital, a Coalition must develop its Disciplines. Only Coalition Hegemons – and those Coalition Members with authorization – are able to Develop a Coalition's Disciplines.
From the beginning, every Coalition's Discipline will be at Level 0, but each Discipline can be developed to a maximum Level of 20. The higher the Level of the Discipline, the greater the bonuses it will provide. IMPORTANT: Bonuses you receive from Disciplines are limited by the Level of your Coalition Capital. If you have a Discipline of Level 20, but your Capital is only Level 10, you will only receive bonuses equivalent to a Discipline of Level 10.
Disciplines are not affected by attacks, and cannot be downgraded. Once developed to a certain Level, they will never drop below that Level.
You can only develop ONE Discipline at a time.
To develop Disciplines, you need Medals. Medals are a special Coalition-only Resource that can be acquired either by participating in Coalition Missions and Tournaments, or by purchasing them for Drachmas when attempting to develop a Discipline.