Data security essentials
In the gaming world, your account is the greatest treasure. It is a little part of your personality and time spent to build up your realm makes it truly priceless. That is why it is so important to take care of its security and protect your login information.
Here are the essentials you need to know about data security:
- Always change your password regularly. Check these tips how to create a strong password.
- Always make sure your email connected to the account is protected. Some email services offer 2-step verification.
- Always use safe browsing mode
- Always use up-to-date antivirus software
- Always log out of your account if you play on a shared computer
- Always delete saved passwords from browser if you use shared computer
- Never share your account login information (yes, even with your league members and even when you go on vacation)
- Never share login information to the email connected to your account
- Never enter your account password anywhere else online
- Never open suspicious links in messages
- Never run suspicious applications on your computer
- Never buy any resources offered outside the game bank
- Never use third-party software that promises in-game benefits.
- Never buy accounts
How to create strong password
A good password is:
- not obvious
- contains more than 8 symbols
- contains at least 1 uppercase letter
- contains at least 1 lowercase letter
- contains at least 1 number
- contains at least 1 symbol
How to protect your Facebook account
Facebook offers 2-step verification. You can link your account to your phone number to receive a login verification code by SMS. If you activate 2-step verification, nobody can log into your Facebook profile without the code that is sent to your phone.
In case you suspect that somebody has temporarily gained access to your profile, you can track the account usage via the Security Settings. You can also switch on login alerts. If you do so, you will be informed whenever someone logs into your account.
More useful security tips can be found in Facebook's Help Center. We recommend that you check the "Extra Security Features" article there.
Setting up 2-step verification for your email
Various email services also allow you to set up 2-step verification. You can connect your phone number to your email account and receive SMS codes to login to it.
It is also possible to connect an alternative email to your Gmail, Hotmail or Outlook account. This functions as an additional security feature when anybody tries to recover or obtain login credentials.