Black Market - OverviewAt the Black Market, you can find everything that you need to make your Stronghold even more awesome. By spending Emeralds at the Black Market, you can buy special Items to beef up your army, speed up the development of your Stronghold, and much more. The Black Market has 5 main tabs:
"Items" TabThe "Items" tab features a variety of Items, and contains 6 different sections:
Under this section you can find Boots of Hastening (Items that decrease Unit travel time), as well as various Boosts that can be used to speed up construction time, upgrade time, or Unit training time.
- Upgrade Items.
Under this section, you will find:
1. Scrolls of Negotiation (Tier I and Tier II). These are required to update specific Blood Pacts. (NOTE: You can find the update requirements for each Blood Pact by reading the information in its window. Different Blood Pacts require different amounts of Resources, Scrolls of Negotiation, or require that other conditions are met – such as having the right Buildings at the right Levels.);
2. Special Building Upgrades. These are used to upgrade specific Buildings.
Under this section, you will find both Fireborn Activators and Fireborn Points. Fireborn Activators are used to activate your Fireborn Status for a specific amount of time. Fireborn Points will help you to reach next Fireborn Level and get better bonuses.
Here you will find all Rune-related items. These items allow you to manage your Runes in various ways, and include items such as Rune Sacks, Rune Removal Spells, and Spells of Unlocking. Rune Sacks contain special Runes that can be used to increase the Defensive or Offensive statistics of your Units. Rune Removal Spells can be used to remove Runes from Activation Slots in the Rune Temple – allowing you to apply even more powerful Runes! BE AWARE: these Items are one-time use only. Use Spells of Unlocking to unlock the remaining Activation Slots at the Rune Temple. Each Spell of Unlocking will open ONE Activation Slot.
- Battle Marks.
Under this section you can purchase additional Contact slots, Skill Points, increase your Galleys' carrying capacity, or purchase any other Items that require Battle Marks.
This section contains various items that will help you progress through the game faster:
- The Amnesiac's Brew allows you to redistribute Skill Points;
- The Extra Thrall grants you an additional construction queue, allowing you to construct or upgrade multiple buildings simultaneously;
- Fire Ale Consumption (-25% or 50%) reduces Fire Ale consumption in your Stronghold by the indicated percentage;
- ALL Resource production (+25%) boosts the production of all Resources in your Stronghold;
- The Auto Unit Hider will, once activated, send your Units to the Catacombs automatically after they are trained or revived. While the Item is active, any of your Units that arrive at your Stronghold from other locations on the Map will also be sent to the Catacombs automatically. This Item must be activated for it to be effective, and is only valid for a limited period of time. Please note that this Item will not send the Units that are already stationed in your Stronghold to the Catacombs, and that you should do this manually if you wish to protect them;
- Instant Recall allows you to instantly return any travelling Units to your Stronghold;
- The Offerings Refresher refreshes your list of Daily Offerings;
- The All-Seeing Eye reveals which Units an enemy has hidden in the Catacombs (if used as part of a successful Scouting mission);
- Offense and Defense Enhancers temporarily boost the combat statistics of your Units;
- The Fresh Eyes Item refreshes your daily list of Battlegrounds;
- Full Protection. This Item protects you from any Offensive Action launched against you. Your enemies won't be able to Raid or dispatch Scouts against you so long as this Item is active. IMPORTANT: If you carry out an Offensive Action while your Full Protection is activated, your protection will be canceled.
- Scout Protection. This Item protects you from being Scouted. Your enemies won't be able to dispatch Scouts against you while this Item is active. Note: Full Protection and Scout Protection cannot both be active at the same time. If you have one of them activated before applying the other one, the latter will replace it.
- Ghost Army: With this Item, your enemy's Scouting Reports will show twice as many Units as you actually have. Your enemy will have no way of knowing that you have activated this Item.
- XP Booster: This Item will multiply the number of Experience Points you get from any battle.
- Stronghold Defense: this Item temporarily improves the Defense of your Stronghold.
"Units" TabWithin the "Units" tab, you can purchase Legendary Units, Offensive Units, and Defensive Units. Getting new Units at the Black Market is much faster and more convenient than training them yourself, and several of the Units available there can't be trained in your Stronghold.
Legendary Units are special units that, when deployed alongside a full group of supporting units, benefit from a significant statistical bonus.
One Unit in particular, the Dread Zeppelin, is a special Unit that does not have impressive Offensive or Defensive statistics, but has incredible carrying capacity, allowing you to maximize your gains from each successful Raid mission.
Other Units, such as Magic Units and Doomherald Units can be hired directly from the "Units" tab – and provide huge boosts to your army. Hire them directly from the Black Market and boost your army without having to wait!
"Healer" TabThe Healer allows you to revive a certain percentage of any Units you've lost in combat within the last 7 days at a certain discount by using Emeralds.
Remember: reviving Units is cheaper than hiring them and faster than training a new army!
"Champion" TabFrom the "Champion" tab, you can find all the Items your Champion will ever need. This tab contains 3 sections:
- Champion Packs. Here you can buy Champion Packs, which contain Chests that hold powerful Equipment, and the Keys needed to open them.
- Keys. This section contains Keys needed to open Equipment Chests.
- Champion Items. This section contains Name Changers and Champion Selectors. Name Changers can be used to change your Name, and Champion Selectors can be used to select a new Champion.
"Resources" TabThe "Resources" tab contains Items that influence the production rate of your Resources (such as Fish, Mushrooms, and Fire Ale). You can also purchase additional packs of Resources here.
"My Items" WindowAll Items purchased, or otherwise gained through in-game events, will be sent directly to the "My Items" window in your Stronghold. Within the "My Items" window, there are a few tabs:
- Active Items. This tab displays all Items you currently have active (e.g. Auto Unit Hiders)
- Warfare. This tab contains all Items that influence your Units' statistics or performance.
- Resources. This tab contains all Items that influence Resource production.
- Stronghold. This contains your Extra Thralls, and any other Items that are connected to the development of your Stronghold (such as Auto Unit Hiders, etc.)
- Misc. This contains all other Items that can be obtained within the game.