Main InterfaceClick a ">>" on the Resource panel at the top of the screen to boost your Resource Production using Drachmas. Click the Drachmas icon in the top right corner of the screen to purchase additional Drachmas. Use Drachmas to boost Unit production queues, construction times, or to purchase items at the Market.
In the top left corner you'll find the "Rankings" icon and the "Messages" icon.
The top panel also displays your City's coordinates, current Level, current City Defense Bonus, and Units, which you possess.
From the "Settings" window you can:
- enable/disable inertial scrolling;
- enable/disable animation;
- enable/disable voiceovers, sound effects, and music.
Open the Guide to find detailed info on rules and gameplay.
The menu icons at the right side of the screen (in order from top to bottom) access the Market, Construction, Agreements, War Council, Map, and Editing.
Mail server and Chat FeatureYou can send messages to other players via the Mail Server.
To send messages to your Friends and Allies, click "Inbox" on the user menu.
In the "Messages" tab you'll find messages received from Leonidas, your Friends, your Enemies, and your Allies. There you will also find messages you have sent to other Archons.
To write a new message, click "Compose Message." You can select recipients in two tabs - "Friends" and "Coalition".
To write a message to a friend, choose a friend from the list, and type the text in a special window. Click "Send" after that.
You can also send messages to your Coalition Members. Choose the "Coalition" tab and select which Coalition Members (according to their Roles) will receive your message. Click "Send to all" after that.
To be able to exchange messages with other players, go to the Map, place your cursor over the player's City and click the "Send Message" icon.
Once you've done that, enter the message text and send it.
Open the "Blacklist" tab to view the Archons you've blocked.
To stop receiving communications from other users, add them to your Blacklist. Messages from users on your Blacklist will be automatically deleted. Open the "Mail" window and click the "Block user" button to blacklist a player.
Click on the "Goods" tab to display a list of your Coalition Mission Reward Packs and Coalition Chests. Every Pack or Chest has its own expiry timer, so remember to check your "Goods" tab regularly.
You can send messages to other online players in real-time using the game's Chat function. To use the Chat, click on the "Chat" button on the right side of the Friends Panel. You can interact with other Archons in the Chat interface by clicking on an Archon's name and choosing the desired action (Open Profile, Send Message, Blacklist, or Add to Contacts) from the pop-up menu. To send a chat message simply enter the text and click the "Send" button.
RankingsTo view your Ranking against the other players, click "Rankings" from the user menu.
Glory Ranking displays your position against all the users that play "Sparta: War of Empires".
The Friends Ranking shows your position among all your Friends that play " Sparta: War of Empires".
Rankings are divided into three categories: Winners, Current, and Champions - in order of significance.
- Champions Ranking displays the names of all players to ever place in the top Weekly Rankings.
- Winners displays names of players who took top positions at the end of last week's calculation.
- Current Ranking shows the current players relative positions prior to end of week calculations.
There are six different Ranking metrics:
1. Offense - ranks the players who defeated the largest number of enemy Units while attacking other Cities.
2. Defense – ranks players who have defeated the largest number of enemy Units while defending their own City.
3. Siege – ranks players who beseiged the most Cities.
4. Tribute - ranks players who have seized the most Resources while besieging other Cities.
5. Raid - ranks players who seized the largest amount of Resources when raiding other Cities.
6. Persian Positions - ranks players who have destroyed the most Persian forces while attacking or defending Persian Positions
To see where you stand in the Rankings click the "My Ranking" button. Click "Top 10" to see the leaders in each category.
Experience and LevelsYou receive Experience Points for defeating enemy Units, signing Agreements, constructing and upgrading buildings, attacking or defending Positions, and completing tutorial tasks and missions.
You will automatically level up and receive a free Drachmas bonus each time you collect the required number of Experience Points.
Your Level shows your progress in the game. Some game features will also only unlock at certain Levels (for example, you can join a Coalition when you reach Level 5).
MapTo go to the Map, click the "Map" icon on the right side of the main interface. To return to city, click "Home" from the Map, or click on your City. You can scroll across the Map by:
1. Clicking and dragging the Map with your mouse (Inertial Scrolling).
2. Using your keyboard arrows.
3. Entering coordinates in the bottom right corner of the Map and clicking the "return key" icon.
All Cities have corresponding x coordinates (numbers at the bottom of the screen) and y coordinates (numbers on the left side of the screen). Place your mouse over any player's City and you will see the coordinates below its name.
AchievementsClick the "Achievements" button on the top menu bar of the screen to view your Achievements. Build and upgrade Buildings, collect Offerings, sign Agreements, and complete other game actions to unlock new Achievements and win free Drachmas. Place your cursor over the question mark to read each Achievement's completion requirements.