- How to keep your account secure
- Glitches and Bugs
- Malicious Behavior
- How to Report Security Violations
- Violations and Penalties
All threats to the integrity of our players’ personal and account data, our playing community, and our intellectual property are taken extremely seriously by Plarium. We do everything possible to ensure a safe and secure environment for our users and for our business. We always appreciate your assistance concerning such matters.
How to keep your account secure
The easiest way for someone to improperly access your account and personal information is by gaining access directly to your social network account. Follow these guidelines to help you keep your account secure.
- Remember that NO Plarium employee will EVER request your account password. If someone asks you for this information while claiming to be a Plarium employee, do not share your information with them and immediately contact Plarium’s customer service.
- Offers that claim to grant “Free Rubies/Credits” and then ask for your social network login information are one of the most common ways accounts are compromised.
- Change your passwords regularly and use a combination of upper- and lower-case letters, digits and symbols when selecting a password.
- Do not disclose any private data or personal information to anyone. Even if you are sure that your computer/mobile device, email, social profile are secure, you can never be certain that other people will store your login and personal data properly.
- Check to make sure that secure browsing is switched ON in your social network account settings.
- Many offers are used as vehicles for installing malware, viruses, trojans, keyloggers, and other malicious software. Be sure to have the latest antivirus software and exercise caution when dealing with any unfamiliar third party software or links.
- If you are concerned, or suspect that your account has been tampered with for any reason, contact your social network and/or Plarium Support staff immediately.
Please note that the security of your social network account and Plarium.com account is the sole responsibility of you as the account holder, and Plarium claims no responsibility or liability from any losses or damages incurred as a result of compromised login information or third-party security lapses.
Get more security tips in the article Protecting your account data.
Glitches and Bugs
While we strive to ensure the quality and integrity of our game, there may occasionally be bugs, glitches, and programming errors that enter the game servers. If you encounter what you suspect to be a bug, glitch, or error, please report it to Plarium Support staff immediately as it may constitute a security risk.
In situations where a game error can be exploited in any way that compromises the intellectual property rights of Plarium LTD, any willful use of these game errors or bugs will be construed as Malicious Behaviour and be penalized accordingly - regardless of whether this course of action resulted in financial loss or unfair gameplay to other players.
This includes any willful attempt to compromise the security of our users, servers, or gaming environment. This may include, but is not limited to, the use of exploits, hacks, cheats, third-party software, interference with financial transactions, or the malicious targeting of Plarium or user computers or networks. To help us combat these abuses, we rely on the assistance of our players. If you encounter an individual who appears to be engaging in any of the aforementioned behaviors, please report them to us immediately for further investigation.
How to Report Security Violations
When reporting any suspected security violation, we ask that our players use the following procedures:
- Gather evidence (screenshots, links to profiles, location in the game, etc.)
- Send these in an e-mail to the designated Plarium Support e-mail address or through our Help Desk ticket system.
We carefully review all these reports, and depending on our volume it may take some time for us to get back to you. We appreciate your patience.
Please note that in some situations we may be unable to tell you the specific outcome of our investigations, as it may compromise the privacy or security of our network or affected users.
We would like to ask you not to report these issues on the game forums. If you suspect that a website or software might violate our rules, please do not post links to third-party software/files, or send private messages or emails to any other address as this may result in the propagation of embedded viruses or malicious software, the exploitation of impacted users, and/or the spread of inaccurate or incorrect information. If we receive notice of all potential security violations through one designated channel, we will better be able to respond to these issues in a thorough and timely manner. In addition, we reserve the right to close or delete all threads that discuss security violations.
Violations and Penalties
|Engaging in, promoting, or encouraging any illegal activity including hacking, cracking or distribution of counterfeit software.||From a 10-day Game Account Ban to a Permanent Ban.|
|Advertising websites that contain hacking/cheating programs and procedures. Sending an email falsely claiming to come from a legitimate source in order to steal confidential information to commit fraud and/or theft.||From a 10-day Game Account Ban to a Permanent Ban.|
|Exploiting any bug to gain the unfair advantage in the game. Disclosure of information on how to exploit such a bug (either directly or through the public posting) to any other user.||From a 7-day Game Account Ban to a Permanent Ban.|